Saturday, August 31, 2013

Today's the Day!

The big day is here!  This afternoon I will be heading up to Mishawaka to move into my room and my official entrance is tomorrow.  The last 24 hours have been the most emotional in a while.  Thursday night some of my girlfriends set up a "Bachelorette-type" party.  We rented the HandleBar, which is a mobile bar that is powered by 10 bikes.  One of the girls made "veils" out of black tablecloths and silver headbands.  It actually turned out to be a great evangelization tool as we got a lot of questions about the matching veils. 



When I woke up yesterday morning, everything felt so much more real.  I have felt very sad - sad to be leaving my family and friends, sad to leave life as I know it, and sad to give up all communication besides letters.  I am nervous that I will be homesick.  I worry that I won't fit in or that I won't be holy enough.  The unknown scares me a little bit.  But what I feel most strongly is peace, which is so reassuring.  Even amidst the fear and the emotions, God is there and God is providing. 

The comments that you all have shared on the blog, on Facebook, through letters, in texts, and face to face have been so encouraging.  The outpouring of support that I have received has been a blessing that I never expected.  While I won't be able to update the blog any more, I will be keeping all of my blog readers in my prayers and I would love if you can keep me in your prayers as well.  My dad, Ray, has offered to keep up the blog based on letters and visits so please keep checking back!




I have been surrounded by love from family and friends my whole life, but I have never known a love like the love of Christ.  That unconditional love that led Him to die on the cross, to send His Holy Spirit so that we are never alone, to provide the most beautiful gifts in the sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation.  God is never outdone in generosity so while it's not easy, I just ask that you trust God's plan for your life.  Trusting his will for my vocation is the most exciting and rewarding thing I have ever done and I can't wait to see where the adventure will lead if I keep putting my trust in Him each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment